Keeping Our Patients and Staff Healthy
Masks, Shields, & Distancing
Mobile Filtration Units
New Safety Protocols
At Swanson Dental Associates, we have always adhered to strict sterilization protocol. With the advent of Covid-19, patients can feel confident knowing we’ve taken additional precautions to account for this virus. The following are some of the things patients may notice at their next visit:
• Before entering campus, every person has their temperature taken and is screened for Covid-19 symptoms by Overlake Hospital employees.
• We ask patients to arrive as close to their appointment as possible to minimize waiting in the office. However, in our spacious reception area, chairs are spread out to allow for social distancing if needed. All patients are required to wear a mask until they are seated in the dental chair.
• Every staff member in our office wears a mask – the clinical staff wears two, plus a shield!
• Along with the clinical staff, patients wash their hands before entering the operatory and are given a peroxide rinse before and after treatment to help eliminate viral droplets in the throat and mouth.
• We have installed a powerful, state-of-the-art new vacuum system that, when needed, allows every provider to use a high volume evacuator (HVE)/ suction concurrently, which keeps aerosolization of viral droplets to an absolute minimum.
• In addition to the triple air filtration system that was already in our suite, additional mobile filtration units have been installed in each operatory.
• Along with our typical sterilization protocol, operatories are fogged after each appointment to eliminate any remaining droplets that may be in the air thus leaving the room sterile for the next patient.
We are proud that many of the patients we’ve seen since our return to practice have complimented us on the measures we are taking to keep them safe. We know we are doing good work when they tell us they feel comfortable in our office and that any concerns they had prior to their appointment have been addressed. Many things have changed in our world since the pandemic began, but we feel fortunate that we have found a way to continue to do what we love. For that, we are grateful.
We partnered with Illumitrac to launch an in-office loyalty plan to help manage the cost of dental care for the uninsured patient. Please ask for details or visit our Illumitrac Loyalty Program page.
Often referred to as “invisible braces," Invisalign is a great alternative to traditional wire braces. Using clear aligners, Invisalign can straighten crowded, crooked, or gapped teeth, and it does so typically faster than traditional braces at a similar or lesser cost. We offer Invisalign here at our office.
Schedule an appointment with us to find out if this treatment would be a good option for you. For patients in need of more extensive orthodontic work, we can refer you to a trusted orthodontist.
Over 60 years ago, the original founder of Swanson Dental Associates, Dr. Richard D. Swanson, graduated from the University of Washington School of Dentistry, where he later also served on the faculty. His son, Dr. Kris Swanson, followed in his father’s footsteps, graduating from the same program in 1983. Associate Dr. Brian Mills is a third generation Washington Husky and also a proud graduate of the University Washington School of Dentistry.
UW’s dental program has long been recognized as one of the strongest programs in the world. As of 2019, the University of Washington School of Dentistry was ranked No. 2 in the world among dental schools in the new Academic Ranking of World Universities by the ShanghaiRanking Consultancy.
Go Huskies! (But don’t worry, we also love seeing patients who are WSU Cougars or other Husky rivals).
We are accredited through the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. AACD's Accreditation Program was formed in 1985 and began offering postgraduate certification in the field in 1986. AACD Accreditation has grown into the preeminent cosmetic dentistry testing standard within dentistry, including written exams and submission of actual case-work in specific cosmetic dentistry disciplines.
Seeing an AACD accredited dentist helps to ensure that you are receiving care from a dentist with advanced knowledge, skills, and expertise in cosmetic dentistry.
Each year, Seattle Met Magazine assembles a list of the best dental practitioners in the Seattle metropolitan area. Dr. Swanson has been voted “Best DDS” every year since the award’s inception in 2007. In 2020, both Dr. Swanson and Dr. Mills were awarded this honor. When you come to our office, you are seeing not just one but two of the top dentists in the Puget Sound area.
SWANSON DENTAL ASSOCIATES
OVERLAKE MEDICAL TOWER/BUILDING 3
1135 116TH AVENUE NE, SUITE 580
BELLEVUE, WASHINGTON 98004